Film Studies and Cinematography - Project 3

 

5/7/2026 - 26/7/2025 / Project 3
ChenYuhan / 0378131
Film Studies and Cinematography / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media / Taylors University
Project 3

TABLE OF CONTENTS




INSTRUCTIONS


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ju-Cv8u84eD99RmhLsDO5sgZh4iHhwT2/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>


WEEKLY LESSONS

Week 12:



Week 13:

The most important thing this week was the feedback I received from the professor.

My camera angles were fine; I just needed to pay attention to some details. For example, when she cried, I could have made the tears fall like beads to add dynamism, instead of a straight line. Also, I added color and lighting to my storyboard; in the final presentation, I need to pay attention to the color scheme and presentation, and don't skimp on lighting for objects or text that need highlights so it's easier for the audience to see.

The professor said the color transition between my two storyboards wasn't good, so I decided to use the protagonist's flashback sequence to neutralize the colors of the two completely different worlds and achieve a fusion effect. This will be shown in my final animation.

Fig. 1.1, thumbnails, week 13
Fig. 1.2, Storyboard, Week 13

Week 14:

I showed my complete animation to the professor in class. He said it was generally good, but there were some areas for improvement, which I categorized as follows: 1. When introducing the story, create a black screen first, allowing the characters' voices to emerge and set the stage. 2. Avoid using AI for the voice acting; use real actors instead, as this will convey more emotion. 3. If the screen dimensions are fixed and space is provided for subtitles, avoid creating full-screen animation later, as this will not meet the required dimensions. 4. Use a more cinematic font for a more aesthetically pleasing result.


PROJECT 3

Project Three Requirements:

Fig. 2.1, requirement 1, week 11

Fig. 2.2, requirement 2, week 11

Thumbnail link:


Story Board Link:


Fig. 2.3, editing process, week 14

In the final editing stage, I used Premiere Pro for extensive editing. Because my project required many sound effects, I downloaded commonly used ones from the FreeSound website, such as the sound of paper rubbing, characters running, waves, and seagulls.

Very important was the character voice acting. Initially, I used AI voice acting, but after being corrected, I created my own monologue for the protagonist, trying my best to increase emotional impact.

Finally, there were the transition effects. I used many transitions, such as flash-to-black, fade-in/fade-out, overlaps, and flips, etc. This ensured a smooth transition between scenes.

Final Animation Link:

Click here to go to the top

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Studies and Cinematography - Project 1

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 2

Digital Photography and Imaging - Week11